When picking out your wedding photographer it is important to ask the right questions. But how do you know what questions to ask your wedding photographer? Take a look at the list below to help you you feel confident in picking the perfect photographer for your big day!
- Is my wedding date available?
- Will you be the one shooting my wedding?
- Some bigger studios have a group of photographers who work for them. It is important to know who your photographer is before your wedding date. Try to set up a time to meet with them!
- How would you describe your photography style?
- How do you work? Or you more of a fly on the wall or do you direct?
- Do you shoot digital? Film? or Both?
Packages & Pricing
- What wedding packages do you have?
- What add ons do you have?
- Some photographers will offer add ons like prints or albums.
- How much is it to add on extra hours? Do I need to let you know before our wedding if I want to add on hours?
- Some photographers will let you add hours on that day. So if you decide you want your photographer to stay longer it is important you know how much it would be to have them stay later.
- Do you have a travel fee?
- Do you require lodging?
- If your wedding is destination you may be required to cover travel and lodging costs.
- Do you require a deposit? If so how much will it be and when will it be due?
- Do you accept payments in installations?
- How long have you been shooting for?
- Can I see a full wedding gallery?
- What you see on instagram is considered the highlights. It is important for you to see a whole wedding gallery so you will know what to expect from the photographer.
- What is your favorite thing to photograph on the wedding day. (Not required, but fun to know!)
- When and how will we receive the images?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Many venues require vendors to have insurance. If your photographer does not have insurance and the venue requires it then the venue will not let them be on the property. Make sure to talk to your venue early on about this before you reach out to vendors.
- Do you have any meal requirements?
- Most photographers require a meal during the reception. It is important to know if they have any dietary restrictions.
- What happens if you get sick or an emergency comes up on my wedding day?
- You don’t want to think about this, but it is important to know your photographer’s backup plan in case something were to happen.
Hope this helped you know what questions to ask your wedding photographer before you book! If you liked this post go check out How to Have Natural Engagement Photos!